911: The alarm clock of human consciousness

Posted: August 16, 2015 in America, awakening, change, enlightenment, inequality
Tags: , , ,

image

“Make no mistake about it – Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or becoming happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It is seeing through the façade of pretense. It is the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.”

Adyashanti

By Irwin Ozborne

Dreams are one of the most fascinating aspects of the human experience. For thousands of years, the dream state has puzzled the greatest minds in human history. What are dreams? Why do we dream? What do they mean?

We still do not have all the answers to these questions. But, what we do know is that when we go to sleep our conscious mind shuts down to rest and restore, while our subconscious mind is highly active. One of the wonders of the dreaming state is that everything, as bizarre as it might be, appears to be completely real throughout the dream. Once we wake up, we look back at the dream and think, “Wow that was crazy! But it seemed so real!”

Sometimes the dream scares us to the point that we wake up on our own out of fear, or out of a last resort to save ourselves from the nightmare. There are other times where the dream is magical, and far supersedes the reality of our waking world, before we are frustratingly woken up by the dreaded sound of the alarm clock. Either way, the dream is over and we know that it was all an illusion.

It has been repeatedly proven by quantum physics that the world we live in is actually more of an illusion, or a dream. In fact the quantum theories have been tested more than just about any other theory in the history of science, and always come back to be true. So, if the reality that we perceive to be true is actually an illusion and the entire world is actually sleeping, how can they be woken up?

The same way we wake from our sleep every night…by the sound of the alarm clock.

It was my junior year of college; I remember being stuck in some psychology class watching a boring video which gave me a chance to sleep off my hangover from the night before. The kid in front of me had tuned out and was listening to the radio through some headphones and nodding in-and-out of wakefulness.

Then suddenly he pops his head up and says out loud, “A plane just hit the World Trade Center.”

“What is the World Trade Center?” was my thought that I kept to myself. I’ve heard of it, but I have no clue what or where it exists. The teacher tells everyone to calm down and stay focused on the video for class.

“Another plane just hit the other Twin Tower,” the kid says out loud again which creates some commotion. “It is like Pearl Harbor out there.”

“Nothing will ever be like Pearl Harbor,” the teacher ensures the class. But it is a little too late, there is something truly bizarre happening today. I feel everything in my body trembling as I could not even fathom that the “good guys” were under attack. All the “freedom” propaganda was being threatened, and for the first time in my life I thought that the “greatest country on earth,” might not be so.

The university was closed and the students were sent home immediately after a plane had struck the Pentagon. The overwhelming consensus was that hijacked planes were going to strike landmarks across America throughout the day and people had to take cover.

Every media outlet on the globe had live coverage of the greatest attack on American soil, and we watched innocent people lose their lives. We watched people covered in blood, running for their life, trapped in the rubble, and terrified of what might come next.

Then, I’ll never forget as they showed these young Palestinian children dancing in the street and celebrating the attack while burning an American flag. “Why do they hate us?” is all I could think. I felt confused, sad, and then of course intense anger and rage. “How could they do this to us? We are the good guys!”

This was the alarm clock of human consciousness.

The western world had been sleeping to the way the rest of the world was living along with the atrocities carried out by the United States Government and everything was about to be exposed. While I would never condone or support whoever is responsible for the systematic killing of another human, but this is the moment that the world woke up. It took a dramatic, diabolical event to help the west understand the east.

“Where is Palestine? I’ve never heard of it,” I asked my friends. Later they shifted blame to a guy named Osama Bin Laden who was stationed in Afghanistan. Where is Afghanistan? Why are they messing with us? It absolutely blindsided most American people as to why would this part of the world be so happy to watch us suffer.

After a few weeks went by, my anger subsided but the confusion still existed. Why do they hate us? That is all I could ask. There needs to be some explanation. It was nice to know that I wasn’t alone.

I started to research Palestine and see their side to the story. Soon, I began to understand that their homeland had been invaded and they were being pushed aside which had been supported by the west. I had no idea about any of this. Where was this in the history books?  But still, why do they hate us? What do they mean by “the Americans are the real terrorists?” Where are they coming up with these false claims?

A few years later, documentaries like Loose Change surfaced and the 911-Truthers started investigating everything about the event. I became obsessed with these conspiracy theories and they all seemed to be more believable than the official reports. I showed them to everyone, only to get mocked and ridiculed.

“I thought you were smarter than that,” is what I was told. This prevented me from digging any further, which just left me in a state of confusion. What is the truth?

I am not alone.

In order for global enlightenment to take place, it requires the destruction of everything we have been told to be true. This moment was the moment in which the world started to question everything. We started questioning governments, laws, religion, the media, teachers, doctors, and everything written in history books.

In the year 2015, less than half the people in America believe the official 911 Commission to be true. In a global poll of 16,000 random citizens of 17 different countries, only nine of the 17 countries attribute the attacks to Al Queda. There is still no answer to why WTC Building 7 collapsed, and the government refuses to address this issue. It is similar to the Kennedy Assassination in 1963. Immediately, everyone was angry and went along with the “lone nut” theory that Lee Harvey Oswald fired three bullets that left seven wounds. The “magic bullet” theory of 1963 states that one bullet created five wounds in two different people and then came out completely unmarked. It is just as ludicrous as the WTC Building 7 theory of 2001, without ever being hit by a plane and collapsing at free fall speed.

This has led to other nations questioning what their governments tell them. In 2011, the people of Iceland revolted and overthrew their government.  In 2012, the Arab Spring saw many governments topple due to the demand of their people refusing to be ruled by oppressive dictators.

More people in the west are turning to ancient forms of spirituality which center around oneness, connection, love, and peace. It is much like the counterculture of the 1960s in which the students hit the streets and demanded peace by protesting the Vietnam War on every campus across the nation. The younger generation rebelled as they understood that freedom comes from within, it is not a slogan that your government tells you to be true.

One of the queens of the 1960s, Janis Joplin told us, “Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.” It is truly the only way to be free, is to lose everything you know to be true, and to awaken the inner child. We come into this world with a clean slate, free, loving everyone and everything, with wonder and awe for everything around us. As each day goes by, this freedom is taken from us unintentionally. We are told what to wear, how to talk, how to behave, and we create separation. A child can still be walking down the street and wave to a stranger, ask questions, sing, dance, or just ask another child to be their friend without any embarrassment, guilt, or remorse. When an adult does the same, the instinctual reaction is “what is wrong with this person?”

We have been domesticated, trained to think a certain way, told what to believe, and convinced it is all true. We are born pure, then we put on a mask for protection from the world. We then cling to the mask, believe the mask is to be true, and it becomes harder and harder to remove the mask.

While the mask may make us feel safe, it is destroying us as individuals and as a society. And we will never be truly free, never be able to truly love, connect, and live in harmony, until we realize the mask is not true and we are able to take the mask off.

Comments
  1. colinandray says:

………. and if you took the mask off, you would still not be free.
    – There will always be a need for laws in order to protect the majority from the minority. Those same laws take away a degree of freedom.
    – There will always be some people who submit to envy and greed. The reactions to them will take away a degree of freedom.
    – Love involves compromise and sacrifice. This dictates giving away a degree of freedom.

Absolute freedom is for the idealists with dreams. They are of no interest to me as a catalyst for world peace, but show me a realist with a dream ………. and suddenly there is hope!

Liked by 4 people

• irwinozborne says:

That was very beautifully stated. Thank you for sharing this to the article. However, I do still believe that the path to freedom begins with removing our masks that society has placed on us. It gives us personal freedom, which inspires others to do the same. This is how real relationships are built, by removing our masks. Then we can see the corruption and stand up for change.

Such as Gandhi did in India with civil disobedience. They never resorted to violence and eventually were granted their freedom from the British Empire. Nelson Mandella and Martin Luther King Jr. are other examples of provoking change by removing the mask placed upon them and inspiring othere to do the same. We had the same thing going on in the 1960’s with the counterculture protesting the Vietnam War.

So, yes. I agree that taking off your mask will not instantly grant you absolute freedom, but it the first step in the right direction towards connection and oneness. I think that we all have some degree of idealism and realism in us and we do need both to spark change. While I may lie further on the idealist spectrum, it does allow to lay the building blocks for change that the realists see as a possiblity.

Thanks again for th thought-provoking response! Love it.

• colinandray says:

I think we are both in synch here! Masks serve a purpose but are never good long term. Our goal should be to remove our masks, and some degree of freedom will result. Absolute and total freedom is, however, pure idealism.

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

You have a way with words! Beautifully stated once again!

Physical masks were first used as a form of protection, just as pscyhological ones are used today. They provide short-term protection when faced with danger – both physical and psychological. Thanks again for the comments and adding to this piece.

• Preeti Dixit says:

You can be free, regardless of your environment, if you take the mask off and face your inner truth. When you know your inner truth, it becomes easier to understand the truth outside of you.

Liked by 2 people

• I love this comment! !!

• colinandray says:

Sorry but we are not going to agree on that. A self focused truth is extremely important however, it cannot clarify an unknown. In any given circumstances there are unknowns which may not harmonize with ones perspective of truth. It is true that there are laws which serve to protect the “status quo”. I can accept that as true but, by extension, the truth therefore is that my freedom is controlled. Absolute freedom is therefore idealistic. That is my truth.

• Preeti Dixit says:

We are free to be, feel, think and do whatever we want, but we are not free from the consequences of our decisions. There is a difference between the two. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, “With freedom comes responsibility.” The freedom of choice is ours, but so is the responsibility of the result of our choices.

• colinandray says:

Hi Preeti: I think where we are having difficulty is freedom by definition. The original post mentioned “truly free” which is to me “absolute freedom? I am free to do whatever I want, and I live in a “free country” but I do not have absolute freedom. My truth is inherently tied to my belief system which in turn prevents me from making certain decision. Am I free to rob a bank? Technically yes, but in reality (because of my inner truth) ..no. I do not therefore have absolute freedom. Perhaps this a point of English Language rather than a point of philosophy???

• Preeti Dixit says:

I think you may be right 🙂

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

Beautifully stated! Love it.

• irwinozborne says:

In the article, I am referring to psychological freedom. Which means free from attachments, suffering, labels, judgments, and ego/mask/false self. It has to do with identifying our true self. Discovering who we were, before the world told us who we were.

I believe that fear of the unknown only becomes a fear once we start to predict the unknown. For example, I have no fear of tomorrow right now. Once, I start thinking of all the things that could happen in regards to work, family, weather, traffic, disease, accidents, etc., the fear is brought into my psyche. Tomorrow is still unknown, but there was no fear until I tried to figure out the unknown.

Psychological freedom refers to putting an end to this and being present as a human being. I have met people in prison who are more “free” than those who live in a free society, but locked in an internal prison that they don’t see.

• Preeti Dixit says:

Yes, that is what I thought you meant. It took an episode of severe depression for me to realize that the root cause of my problem was that I was living a lie and had become imprisoned by it.

Liked by 1 person

2. walkerkaty0 says:

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

3. rjfanucchi says:

Powerful post. I love the haunting quote to set the tone.

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

Thanks! Yes it is one of my favorite quotes and is quite true. I have always envisioned enlightenment as some profound, magical moment. Yet actually involves, as the quote suggests, destroying everything we know to be true. Thanks for the comments!

4. Very powerful post!

5. brianbalke says:

When I was in college (much further back in time) the British foreign minister came to speak at a global peace conference, and in response to allegations of major power conspiracy against the third world, quoted Gordon Liddy as having said that most people cannot accept that when something goes wrong in foreign policy, it is often due to misunderstanding, stupidity, and just plain old cock-up. Now the original source is known to have a predisposition towards conspiracy, which makes the attribution amusing, but my sense is that it is often true. This creates a situation in which we surrender our freedoms through the death of a thousand cuts, because otherwise we’d have to sacrifice some convenience to become really well-informed about what is going on. Of course, when that happens, the tendency is to outrage, but that just stimulates decision makers to hide behind their masks. Forgiveness and conciliation towards the future are as important as innocence (not naivety) in breaking the chains we carry forward from the past.

Liked by 4 people

• irwinozborne says:

Brian, I always enjoy hearing what you have to say. You have a remarkable way of putting words onto paper (or computer screen) that always gives an insightful message.

I could not agree more. I think that it is always misunderstanding that leads to conflicts in any relationship – between friends, family, political parties, and of course nations. It is also true that when we become outraged – either as individuals or nations -we can not think clearly and we are incapable of making logical decisions. If you read Malcolm Gladwell’s book “Blink” he talks about police officers making poor decisions when their heart rate gets too high. Anger and stress increase our heart rate and it is physicallyimpossible to make good decisions once we get in this altered mind frame. It is no different than being on a drug.

Thanks again for adding this to the post. I always appreciate your words of wisdom.

6. louisehasgbs says:

True. Never lambast people who ask “Why?”. The biggest sin is to not create a love of reading and learning in children. We’re creating nations of sheep who blindly believe everything they’re told.

• irwinozborne says:

Well said! I love hearing a three-year-old ask “Why?” repeatedly. I think it shows our natural instinct to want to expand our consciousness and know more about the world around us. Too often, I see parents tell the kids to stop or just respond “because that is the way it is.”

I feel that is where the learning stops. I try to encourage kids and students to continue to ask “why” until I can come up with a reason that makes sense to them. Sometimes it ends in disagreement, which is fine. Then I ask them “why?” Eventually we get to understand each other better and understand more about the world around us. The curiosity brings about greater awareness and if we shut off that system, we create the nation of sheep as you already explained.

Thanks for the input!

7. […] 911: The alarm clock of human consciousness. […]

8. […] 911: The alarm clock of human consciousness. […]

9. Nurse Kelly says:

You bring up so many interesting points here! I completely agree with your premise on “waking up.” And I think the only way that can be accomplished is not to place blame on those who “make” us wear different masks in life, per se, whoever, collectively speaking, those people may be, but to stop viewing ourselves as victims, and take more responsibility for our own actions through education, so we can more critically discern information from the world around us before the choice is made to wear a mask of any kind. I know how important leaders are, and to have something to believe in, which I think is evidenced in your example of young people turning more and more to ancient forms of spirituality, but I guess I would prefer them to be turning more to themselves for answers, by knowing how to think more critically, before they jump on another bandwagon – which can itself become yet another mask! As you know, critical thinking is a skill, and seems to be missing from so many things we consume in the news – most tragically, the events of 911. Thank you for such a thought-provoking post!

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

Love it! Thanks for this response.

I agree that blaming others instantly puts the person into a victim mentality. If it is someone else’s fault, that means I am a victim. While it is true that many of us have been victimized in our lives, that is beyond our control. But it is within our control to not be a victim. Thanks for sharing your piece on this as well.

I also appreciate your comments on jumping to another bandwagon for another mask. Quite true! The real peace, happiness, and freedom comes from within! Which, as you stated, comes from critical thinking. I really aprecciate your insight and addition to this article. This is very powerful stuff!

Thanks again.

• Nurse Kelly says:

You are quite welcome! And to be clear, my jumping on another bandwagon reference was not made with any disrespect for any person’s choices with regard to what they believe in. I just think it’s all too easy to grasp at trends sometimes without really thinking through the WHY of what one is doing!

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

Thanks Kelly! I know exactly what you meant. I have had periods of getting so attached to different Eastern philosophies that I became judgmental of anything that opposed. So, I know what you mean by grasping to the next thing to come along. It is like cross-addiction in some sense – giving up one attachment for another.

Liked by 2 people

• Another brilliant thought by kelly.

I’d love to get her, neighsayer, and brian balke all together to have a podcast. But I’m dreaming here

-cp

Liked by 3 people

• colinandray says:

Well said. You picked up on a point that I overlooked. It is too easy to blame society for our masks. Society may well be implicated by perceived expectations but, ultimately, if we decide to wear a mask, then it is by our choice and we must accept responsibility accordingly.

Liked by 3 people

10. Kerry Jane says:

Its such a relief to find blog posts and articles like this. The sad truth is that many people, if not most, are aware of whats going on, but are more content with living with the mask, rather than the truth. I always say the quote “If the truth will kill them, let them die”(Immanuel Kant), because the evolution of the human race hinges on this enlightenment.

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

Ha! Never heard that quote but quite funny.

Thanks for the feedback, It is nice to know that others feel the same way and are seeking the truth. I could have expanded exponentially on this article with some of the hidden truths. But wanted to keep it simple to the moment in which the world awoke! Thanks for the comments and support.

11. Anthony867 says:

I like the post. I think we gotto be honest with ourselves. If absolute freedom is not possible why would we want it then? Isn’t it more about not going for a result and letting this be a side-effect of being the most true to us. And thinking this absolute freedom wouldn’t be possible could easily be part of not being true but maybe it’s also needed since if it was that simple why havn’t we done it already. If understanding is lacking for these reasons simply knowing what is true doesn’t help. I think it is about combining your instinct with your mind,taking the mask of so the animal is free, but having enough mind and soul, although i don’t know where soul fits in there, to not be carried away by the animal side. This then equals being a human being if I’m not mistaken. And maybe soul and heart is part of animal. But no love without mind needed to understand. It may sound as I’m such a dreamer but I’m not attached to it cause it would be side-effects and I may be biased maybe. I think it’s important to focus away from results and to inspire but not preach or teach, but you could also preach to not preach. Respecting where we come from seems to be something we tend to ignore.

• irwinozborne says:

Very profound message. I think you nailed it. If it was that simple, why haven’t we done so already? That is what enlightenment is all about. It is a lifestyle of breaking away untruths and being able to live in absolute freedom. It doesn’t happen in one shining moment and then you are set. It is a lifestyle that we must work on every day. We get little glimpses of it, but it will not last unless we can continue to work on it.

12. Anthony867 says:

Wait, I think we are animals and having a mind is part of that.

• irwinozborne says:

Humans are just another mammal, with a more advanced frontal lobe that allow us to be anyalytical and reason. But all mammals have the same need for love and security.

Quite interesting in Erich Fromm’s book “Escape from Freedom” he explains how humans tend to go with the crowds and the masses for security, as opposed to living life with freedom. I would have expected that the desire to be free is an innate need of humans, but his book explains the contrary. I wonder if that is an evolutionary characteristic.

• Anthony867 says:

That’s very interesting. I wonder too. I think It’s either one doesn’t know who one is and therefore has less of this need or it’s actually part of our nature including less sense for self which may change with time or not. I gotto check out this book. I remember wanting to read it.

13. egbertstarr says:

If you haven’t, definitely read Goffmann’s The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life. I like Joplin’s line a lot too.

Liked by 3 people

14. Susan Helmus says:

Thanks for the post. I “woke up” due to dealing with Lyme Disease and having to deal with a corrupt medical system that denies chronic Lyme exists. I then saw all the corruption with the pharmaceutical companies and our government and all the conflict of interests with doctors who own patents and own the dna of the bacteria and are looking to make money. The waking up process then led to learning more about GMO’s and toxic chemicals and how these companies also have a revolving door with our government agencies. Same when it comes to vaccines. I do not compartmentalize issues, so if they are lying to us and purposefully promoting things that will harm us in one area, why not another area? It is disturbing to learn about all of this info and to be “woken up” but now I am just using this knowledge to keep myself and my little family healthy. The part I like about waking up is connecting with others who are also out of the matrix. Wherever I turn I meet another person who has the same awareness and I realize I am not alone. I found a good website also called “Wake Up World” that deals with all of these issues. Thanks for your post.

Liked by 4 people

Susan,

Thanks for sharing your story of waking up! I think many of us have went down similar paths. As I mentioned in the post, it was 9/11 that did it for me. Since then I have been called a “conspiracy theorist,” “terrorist,” “paranoid,” “psychotic,” “crazy,” and every other name you can imagine. Social media has allowed me to connect to so many others who feel the same way. And yes, everywhere we turn, there are more who feel the same way.

I always ask people, “how would you know if your mind was under control?” I then reference the CIA’s MK-Ultra “expiriment” in the 1960s in which they gave citizens LSD and other pscyhoactive drugs in a mind programming effort. We have proof of this corruption over and over and over again. This is just the tip of the iceberg. The CIA itself was strung together by pardoning Nazi war criminals after World War II in Operation Paperclip, in which they were brought to America to spy on Russians.

I agree that it is always so refreshing to find others that have woken up, or out of the matrix. I truly appreciate you sharing your story and adding great content to this article.

15. […] 911: The alarm clock of human consciousness. […]

16. Joyful2bee says:

This post is an emotionally charged one for all of us; especially those of us who remember well this day our smug confidence in our safety changed perhaps forever.
    When I was a kid we were threatened with the missiles on Cuba aimed at our country and grew up with the thoughts of bomb shelters and how some would have them and some would not. Then there were the lessons on what to do if you were in school in case of a nuclear attack: get under your desk and cover your head. (That was totally useless!)
    I remember the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits shows talking about survival or destruction of out country or the effects of a nuclear bomb on creatures living under the ocean.
    As my generation grew up we finally put all of these fears to rest. No one would dare attack our country on our own ground! ….But we were wrong.
    Now we live with seemingly necessary paranoia worse than ever before as we enter airports and board planes in our own country and in others. The past repeats itself but with the tone of reality. I can’t help but wonder what’s next.

Liked by 3 people

• irwinozborne says:

Thanks for sharing your personal story! I could only imagine the fear imposed on the public in those days, although as you stated, it appears that the pattern only replicates with a new enemy.

With as much knowledge and awareness that we all hold, wouldn’t it only seem possible that the differences between nations, religions, cultures, and societies would be able to find another way to communicate these difference? It seems quite absurd. Only until we see the billion dollar war industry. People like John Kerry (who in 1973 protested against the Vietnam War) is now war-hungry and has profited more than $26 million from his investments in arms manufacturers during the course of the multiple wars we are engaged. Yet, isn’t that a conflict of interset for this man to be the Secretary of State and also have financial ties to the people that make weapons? It is all ludicrious to me.

Liked by 2 people

17. I love thinking. I love deep thinkers. The above banter is just that among those who have thought about being genuine to others and to themselves
    in living. Susan, as you mentioned, “waking up” is so apropos in this back and forth discussion. You mentioned the website “Wake Up World” and I will check it out. I have been blessed with having found a couple of people in my life that I could enjoy the philosophical element of these discussions that are applicable to history and modern day.
    Irwinoborne…you bring up great thinking and moderating and faciliation among thses minds. I think Nurse Kelly has made some excellent points that are very thought provoking but as was said can we blame society for our masks. No, not really, to what extent do we allow society to control our well being and how we feel we are or should be in the grand scheme of living. We control the mask and as someone said they started off as a protective facial shield. They now are our protective from our own intellectual harm shields or feeling good about ourselves by pretending.
    We can’t help that, in so choosing a society that we have chosen to live may force impediments to our persons. Brian Balke you mention labels of sorts which are only a small part of your great intellectual thinking on this issue. Referencing afore thinking, we are all victims, we are all leaders, we are all soulful in our thoughts to different degrees. I for one tend to dwell on what bothers me and I ask myself if it was a masked person that made me ruminate, I compartmentalized and victimized myself. I tend to be very passionate and compassionate, have fun and enjoy adventure. Most people are not like me so am I a victim of society. No, I chose the society in which I allow this to happen. I can change that though and am thinking about it , as we speak here.
    Never were truer words ever spoken. We live in a democratic environment and enjoy many freedoms but the ones we enjoy the most we aren’t just free to enjoy. I love this blog, I never tire of reading it. It makes me think about myself and others. My own personal opinions are just that, only mine and not necessarily to be accepted by others. Susan, referenced compartmentalization of people or things associated with events. It makes it easier to break down a situation or a group of people but it is really just a convenient brush off. Most people don’t care. They are too self involved. This is important if that self involvement is introspective and brings about an enlightenment.
    I do still believe that the path to freedom begins with removing our masks that society has placed on us. It gives us personal freedom, which inspires others to do the same. This is how real relationships are built, by removing our masks. Then we can see the corruption and stand up for change. All negativity aside help the world, help each other feel comfortable in being who they are. Don’t subject yourself to their anger in your helping them think about it. Leave them alone to sort it out and quite possibly they won’t have any interest in this quasi philosophical discussion. It is real though to our freedoms. I thank you all for such a fulfilling read.

• irwinozborne says:

Wow. Thanks for adding this post and putting together all the comments associated with the original article. This is quite a fascinating summary.

I, too, love these deep discussions in which so many people can bring so many different perspectives to meaningful topics to consider. The comments of these articles lead to great conversation and hopefully help everyone else as well.

Thank you as well for putting together this piece and all the nice comments. This was well thought out and put together nicely.

Wake Up World is a very good sight that tackles many of these issues as well. It is definitely worth checking out their material.

Liked by 1 person

18. ANM7 says:

Great post. Revolutionary. Yet it will only inspire a romantic rebuilding of a romantic mask.
    Since we are all basically driven by the Basic and unknown Anxiety (all drive emerges from that) we will inevitably go forth still with innate damage, incompleteness and erect out from the midst of our center (flawed). Utopia is but a substitute for one thing; the flaw within. Peruse my blogs if you wish a more realistic understanding of the human dilemma. I know, this sounds pretentious and subject logically to the same accusations I’ve levelled. Peace out; MAO

• irwinozborne says:

I don’t think it sounded pretentious at all. Sounds quite interesting actually and I’ll have to check out your blog.

Do you think it is possible to reach Utopia in all of life, once we are able to find it within?

• ANM7 says:

There is no utopia, primarily because of where the quest for it originates. And I give you points for assessing it as pretentious. And you hit the nail on the head things need to be changed from within, our configuration within.

• irwinozborne says:

I feel that the our outer world is a reflection of our inner world. Which is why I asked your thoughts on the possiblity of a Utopia once we can find inner freedom and peace. I like to believe that once we take care of things together on the inside, everything will get reflected externally.

Such as it being a state of mind, rather than a physical location?

19. ANM7 says:

Meant; for not assessing it as pretentious

20. mitchteemley says:

I question whether enlightenment involves going from believing everything you’re told to believing nothing you’re told.

• irwinozborne says:

Hmm…I’ve never heard it put that way but I really enjoy this line. I think it is quite true. Believing nothing you are told and then discovering for yourself.

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a quote by the Buddha about this? Somehting along the lines of … “do not blindly believe anything you hear, not even from me, you must discover the truth for yourself.”

Liked by 1 person

21. ANM7 says:

Yes you are correct sir, in realizing that some house cleaning must take place, and that it is eventually a state of mind achieved, but once arrived at it precludes the necessity of man’s hand collectively.

Liked by 3 people

22. swamiyesudas says:

My Dear T,

Much of what You say it True. But.

Here I quote You:

‘The western world had been sleeping to the way the rest of the world was living along with the atrocities carried out by the United States Government and everything was about to be exposed.’

The mistake lies here. It is not (just) the western world. It is ALL the world. It is the Churches, and Religious Institutions, which have the Mandate to form Values, and in which they gloriously Fail.

It is US, who choose to be in a Hangover in a Class, listen to anything but the Class, Take the Least bit of Interest in Governance, and then Blame the government, forgetting that WE are it.

WE have to take the Masks off OUR OWN Minds.

• irwinozborne says:

Thanks for another insightful response! You are absolutely correct, it is us as individuals who have the power. It is very easy to blame others for things, but as some others have also mentioned in comments – blaming just allows us to play the role of victim. Until the finger-pointing is point back at ourselves, just as you mentioned.

We do choose to take the masks off, but the problem lies in discovering that we are wearing a mask. I feel we are raised to wear a mask that is put on us from so many different structures and the struggle is realizing we are wearing a mask and then having the courage to take it off.

As the serenity prayer tells us, “Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I can not change, the COURAGE to change the things that I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference.”

I appreciate your feedback on these posts. They are always insightful and allow me to be more self-reflective and add depth to the original article.

23. […] 911: The alarm clock of human consciousness. […]

24. garyhorvitz says:

This is a fine post. I’m checking into your work from time to time and you are doing a terrific job. Great writing, great topics. Here’s one of mine I thought you might appreciate:

“Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to choose…”

Liked by 1 person

25. antoinea2014 says:

Yes, enlightenment does begin with the basic question “Why?” For thousands of years too many people have been content to accept the glib explanations of events by their leaders or other people of influence without question. We are told what to wear, what to eat, what to drive, who should be our choice of partner, and even what and how to think. The real question, after we begin asking “why”? becomes: ‘What do we then do about the facade of falseness crumbling all around those of us who are becoming enlightened?’ Or, are we still so imprisoned by the mores of convention that we are afraid to make the sacrifices that will cost us more than we’re willing to give up or lose?

• irwinozborne says:

Thank you for this! This certainly takes the path towards enlightenment to the next level. This is a very fine way of putting what comes next after we ask why and things start to crumble. I think many will find comfort in their own prison. Very well stated! Thanks for adding this to the article.

26. Geo Sans says:

siren’s call
    ~
    flashing lights

27. urrecyclebin says:

Wow what a wonderful read.. I wish to post ur blog on my FB.. Is it ok with you….

Liked by 1 person

28. […] **This article was featured at Taking the Mask Off.** […]

Liked by 1 person

29. Irwin,I admire your pluck,but I,myself,Les,have already laid out the story of 9/11.The upshot is that a chapter in the Urantia Book prophesied that event and it is intended by God that it ushers in the next level of human salavation.
    Look for signs in the sky over the Freedom Tower which will signal another fals flag op and the eventual rise to the heavens by all of us who work so hard to hand out pamphlets,DVD’s and 9/11 themed hard candies and pastries.

Onward,Les!