About

Comments
  1. madfedora says:

Bravo for maintaining a blog like this. Stigmatization of mental illness needs to be erased. As someone who has worked with those have mental ilness, I can’t support you enough for your courage to speak out for those weaker in the society.

Thank you for your work.

Liked by 9 people

• Thank you every kind word.makes a difference

Liked by 3 people

• Allu says:

They are not necessarily weak. They just have different strengths that are not acknowledged and nurtured by society. Just because they do not conform to a “standard” (set by those who set standards for everybody else) they are seen as weak, abnormal, or disordered. And then they believe that just because they are different from the “normal” others, they are indeed weak and disordered. Sadly, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy for them, and for us all..

2. Dani says:

I love this and am on ‘war path’ as it were myself, eager to make people understand that the more we talk about mental illness, the less we let it control us.

Thank for the follow too. To have someone like you take an interest in my blog is very humbling ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Liked by 3 people

3. garyhorvitz says:

You are a powerful messenger with a powerful message. I don’t know how you found me or exactly why you are following. But I will follow. And the best way we serve each other is by staying in our lanes, continuing to do exactly what we are doing. Keep going and thank you!

Liked by 2 people

4. Avril says:

Its interesting that many in powerful positions in governments and the banking industry can make decisions that cause needless death of millions and create poverty yet they are not diagnosed as mentally ill. Yet “ordinary individuals who “wake up” and go through trauma due to their realisations and their yet inability to handle that are diagnosed “Mentally ill” and often given medication to dull their emotions thus stunting their ability to effectively negotiate their way through and emerge from the rabbit holes of our Pseudo Democracies. Thank you I hope to meet more of you as I travel along with you.

Liked by 3 people

5. Hello and thanks for following my newly formed blog/website/publication.
    I am going to ask a huge request from you which maybe you might honour, maybe you might not, but I’m hoping you will! The request is that could you please re-blog an article of mine or feature my website in one of your blogs, purely to gain some much needed exposure for me!
    The world of amateur journalism is a difficult one and any help is very much appreciated!
    Many thanks.

• I was just reading some of them, fascinating, yes we do have the same goal!

Liked by 1 person

• It is too bad more people are not listening. When “addiction medicine” is accepted as an ABMS specialty in 2016 legions of these “diploma mill” experts will pervade the hospital and healthcare system and that is how they will impose their ideology on everyone and facilitate the ASAM White Paper on Drug Testing – a dystopia from the mind of Robert Dupont. No one is even paying attention to this and through the propaganda and feel good falacy that is taken at face value it will be ushered in with little resistance.

6. mystiqal says:

Thank you for creating this blog. As someone with a mental illness (depression), it makes the battle so much harder as society looks at those not fortunate enough to be illness-free with such disdain. The stigma needs to be erased!

Thanks for following my blog too ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 2 people

7. Thank you for the follow and hope you enjoy my artworks ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Avril says:

I started my blog a few months ago–not really understanding how all of this works. It was mostly to connect with my students. You were one of my first “outside” followers. I should have been on your blog sooner. This is an amazing endeavor. I know that you are changing lives by shining light where there is still so much darkness.

Liked by 2 people

9. kkoterwski says:

Thank you for this page- it is SO important.

I was unable to find another way to contact you so I will do so here- because you are a follower of Human Ponderings I just wanted to let you know that the blog is moving!

You can now find it at http://www.humanponderings.com
    As a fellow blogger I would really appreciate it if you had a few minutes to scroll through it and maybe give some feedback!

Thank you for your time! Keep being awesome.

10. Hello,
    We recently spoke and you are a follower of my blog. You said to me how you believe I am doing an important thing in telling news that may otherwise not be told. Now, as a follower, supporter and fellow blogger I was wondering whether you could have a look at my crowd funding page @ http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-me-reach-my-journalistic-dream
    I need exposure of this page and in order to do that Im asking you if you could perhaps post the link and a little comment about it on your Facebook page, and maybe on your blog?
    It would be a huge help.
    Many, many thanks.
    Adam Chamberlain

11. Thank for finding your way to me and in turn leading me here to your site. I have long been an advocate for those, myself included who suffer with mental ill health/addiction and the associated stigmatization. Keep on doing what you’re doing…..!

12. Opher says:

Thanks. It’s great to read. All the best
    Opher from Opher’s World

13. Adam says:

You’ve taken on an excellent endeavor with this blog. As a trained counselor I appreciate what you’re doing. Stigma around mental illness is unnecessary and unwarranted limiting people’s freedom and agency. Glad to see you doing what you do. Keep up the good work.

Liked by 1 person

14. What a noble venture in writing this blog. Well done! It makes me all the more indebted to have you recently decide to follow Learning from Dogs. Would love to have a guest post from you for LfD if that ‘rocks your boat’? Details here: http://learningfromdogs.com/interaction/

15. Ian Gardner says:

Hello TTMO I wish you maximum success in what you are doing. What I have written gives a good insight into why people face the challenges life presents to them; about the purpose of life etc. and I would like to suggest that you read the material if only to help those you are trying to help. All my writings are free and are best sourced from https://sites.google.com/site/themilkiswhitethebook/
    With kind regards,
    Ian.

16. rjfanucchi says:

Powerful blog. Tackling the stigmas that are associated with mental illness must seem a daunting task. I believe even the healthiest minds are still somewhat flawed. We all have personal demons we fight. Good work.

Liked by 1 person

17. Insight is always a good thing. And when able to share with others then it is all good.

Liked by 2 people

18. mscassiopeia says:

Hi, I love the perspective and topics in your blog so I decided to nominate it for The Versatile Blogger award.
    Here is a link to my page for more information on the rules.

Have a great night! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

19. You have been nominated for the : REAL NEAT BLOG Award!
    You can follow my link to find out what the next steps are. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy this!.

20. I admire you for what you are – a crusader on a mission with personal experience. I grew up with an alcoholic mother who passed at a very young age, only 54 and eventually I turned to my own drug of choice to numb my emotions. There is so much stigma still in the world, whether talking about addiction and/or mental illness. People need to realize that we are just ordinary humans who have lived extraordinary lives. Thank you for holding the torch! I’m looking forward to following your blog.

Liked by 1 person

• when we share our stories we start to ends the stigma. Thank you. It may not happen as fast as we want but just do our best And let go of results

• sonniq says:

I stopped at your comment when I saw your mother died of alcoholism at age 54. My father died at the same age for the same reason. When it became too late he wanted so much to live. At times I was so angry with him for missing out on his life and grand children. If he had listened to his doctors who told him if he quit right then he had chance of living but it took him another 6 months to quit. After he quit, then the cirrhosis became complete. Yes, I did a lot of drugs, but I had started hiding long before then. At age 54, my own cirrhosis started taking me down, but from Hep C. Today, at age 60, I am 2 1/2 years post liver transplant. Life gave me another chance and I won’t waste it. I didn’t know when my father died that I had Hep C, but I did know I was hurting myself and thought that number meant something. You see, I was also born in ’54

Liked by 1 person

• I can’t believe how similar our lifes are! I too am suffering from cirrhosis from Hep C and I just finished my second treatment now in the beginning of March. I was given the opportunity to try the new anti-viral treatment as one of the first people where I live. I’m still virus-free but won’t get the thumbs up until 6 months have passed. I did a treatment with interferon about 2 years ago which was unsuccessful, probably because of the cirrhosis. I turn 52 this fall and if the virus isn’t gone this time my only option left is a liver transplant. I’m glad you have been given the chance to be healthy again and that you seize the opportunity! I also have both kids and grand children and I’m not ready to give up on life just yet either.

Liked by 2 people

• sonniq says:

Wow there really are similarities. I did interferon with ribaviirin 17 years ago. I was so sick on it. They didn’t know as much about genotypes then. Mine is 1b. That treatment doesn’t work on that genotype. Did you do Sovaldi? There is a newer one out now that I’m hoping to try soon. They wait on transplant patients. So far you’re virus free? I hope you never have to go through this. For me, through this whole thing, whatever could go wrong, did. Hep c does a lot more damage than kill your liver. If you stay virus free your liver may be able to heal.. I will be sending you lots of positive energy through my practice of Buddhism. I did this to myself 40 years ago. No one else to blame. Cause and effect. It was up to me to clean up my mess. So far so good!

Liked by 2 people

• Good for you! Finding such an excellent way to cope. I am very interested in buddhism myself, although not very “enlightened” as of yet. Yes I just did Sovaldi and Daklinza for 6 months, not a single side effect if one folllows protocol. A fabulous treatment! Doctors in Sweden say 99% are cured of their Hep C, so I’m really hopeful this time. Time will tell. Thanks for the positive energy flow – sending all I can muster in return.
        Namaste my new friend

• sonniq says:

I really hope it works for you. Anything to avoid a transplant. Although my new liver is functioning well, the cirrhosis caused severe bone density loss. If you haven’t had a bone density test I really recommend it. It isn’t something you can tell and if not reversed keeps getting worse. The name of the drug they want to try on me is called. Harvoni. I would love to be rid of this. If you would like to see what i practice go to sgi-usa.org. You might find it interesting. And thank you very much for reading Jamie’s blog. I started a new facebook page just for exerpts of chapters for the book in addition to the one showing. Having a cause is a lot of work!!

Liked by 1 person

• Thanks for the heads-up! I have not had a bone density test but I will definitively speak to my doctor about it. I checked out the link you provided and found that Europe only has 4 countries where the movement is represented, Sweden is not one of them which is too bad. Closest location is in the UK, but I guess I can learn a lot by using the internet. I did some research and found that Harvoni is available in my country too. For some reason my doctor preferred to put me on Sovaldi and Daklinza which has had the same clinical test outcome. I hope you can start your treatment soon and that it will be beneficial to you. I have been told that if this drug regime doesn’t kill off the virus this time, the only option I’m left with is a liver transplant… hope it won’t come to that.
        I started reading about Jamie last night and his story grabbed me right away. It was very late though so I only read the first chapter, but I will continue to read and as I get further I will give you feedback in the comment section. Take care!

• sonniq says:

First – thank you for reading. There is so much on there. Ironically, after 8 years of writing to him my daughter now has gotten verbally abusive to me about it. Angry at me. This year it finally came to light that she has some problems, one being a chronic liar of fantastic stories that grew and went on for years and I finally caught on and confronted her on some of them, so now she’s called me every low name she can think of and tells me I’ll never see her and the kids again because she can’t trust ME! It’s been a pretty awful time. Her father – who was not around when she was growing up said she’s a player and manipulates people for attention and I broke her bubble. She said my writing about Jamie is weird. What to do when you find out your daughter has problems? I don’t know how to deal with her. I had to block my phone from all the screaming. now she screams in emails. I want to take jamie’s son to see him in Sept – it will be 2 yrs since he saw him and she says no. . . . Now bone density. I didn’t know it until my bones started fracturing soon after the transplant, my spine and 7 ribs so I’m taking organic calcium and strontium to help build it. Anyway we lose 1% bone mass every year after 50. Mine got so low it wasn’t even on the charts. So it’s good to check. Harvoni I think is the first treatment that has no interferon – that stuff made me sooo sick

Liked by 1 person

• So sorry to hear about your problems with your daughter… but I believe that you must follow your own conviction and what you are doing for Jamie is humane and heartfelt. If your daughter can’t accept that compassion and understanding are good qualities to have, you will have to ignore her and her yelling! It will be hard not to see your grandkids – I know because my own daughter is having a mid-life crisis (at least that is what I believe) and cut me and her father off last autumn. She is very angry with us and says it’s because of the life we lived and the bad choices we made when she was little. She has a 5-year old son and a soon to be one-year old daughter. I hope she just is having an identity crisis and that this will all pass eventually, I miss her and my grandkids tremendously. I’ve been to the hospital today and had a liver scan so I’m pretty beat and off to bed. Don’t let your daughter keep you from doing what you know is right in your heart, there is no such thing as too much compassion and empathy, rather the opposite in the world of today. Sad but true. Take care and be safe my friend.

21. inidna says:

I’m very glad that I stumbled across this blog today. Your topics are very powerful and the way you write is so engaging. Really, brilliant! Thank you for sharing your perspectives and experiences with us.

Liked by 2 people

22. praizb says:

I’ll sleep better tonight knowing that this blog exists

23. the.try says:

I really enjoy your blog. Thank u for writing and effort.

Liked by 2 people

24. Dneika says:

Thank you for being so open about your experiences. Not everyone can do it! So thank you again!

25. sufiniqabi says:

Thank you! People like you will help to change societies perception of mental illness. Its a long battle, but the more we raise awareness, the more we help humanity as a whole.
    Let’s put kindness into mankind! Keep writing, as our pen is our sword….

26. JuleAnn says:

I remember you from an earlier blog I had, but didn’t go back to find my comment…it just doesn’t seem we make much progress on the mental health issues; sad and depressing–so many have given up on getting any kind of “good” treatment. Nonetheless, I’m grateful there are people like you who really do care enough to make an effort. God bless you.

27. zaramaron says:

I’ve nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Please check out the post here: https://zaramaron.wordpress.com/2015/05/10/the-versatile-blogger-award-2/
    Thank you for your fantastic blog! Have a nice day! Zara x

28. sirsgonegirl says:

Congrats on an amazing ,informative and real in your face blog about the struggles of addiction,and mental health. I myself am a recovering addict amd I know that writting my blogs has been my own private therapy. If you make a difference and change just one life then you have done more than those who say nothing for fear of reaction. I am not ashamed of my past but determined to make the lessons I learnt blessings to others. Thank you for sharing

29. Guess, I’ve found a blog that shares the same passion as I have in psychology.

30. writing, writing, words words words. says:

Hi! Glad you enjoyed the poems. I had the blues and needed to read something kind, and beautiful. Oliver is my go-to girl. Thanks for the Follow. I did the same, even tho I’m trying to stop Following and getting Followers cuz I get SO sidetracked from my own writing I want/need to do. Your site, however, is right up my ally (alley?) lol. See you round the blogs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• SOMETIMES Reading Other PEOPLE Stuff helps me get a thought in my head then I go with it. I Shear YOU Though Way to sidetracked but part of writing is being a reader isn’t it? That’s what I’ve been told at least

31. Thanks for dropping by my blog and the Follow. What a great blog. So true. As they say in NLP – the map is not the territory or rather the behaviour is not the person. We have so much to learn and understand about the human brain, its development (or lack of) and the impacts on our life and those around us. Keep spreading the word.
    Garth

32. dj2jd says:

Worked in the criminal justice system and came away frustrated with the ratio of mentally unstable to help provided. Thanks for what you do.

33. craiglock says:

Keep up the good work making a difference
    All the best
    c
    PS Thanks for following my blog

34. Nurse Kelly says:

So glad I found you. Stay strong and know what a difference you are making. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

35. Hello: I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award. Please check it out at http://louisefowler.com/2015/06/13/versatile-blogger-award/. Good luck.

36. I have nominated you for the Encouraging Thunder Award. ๐Ÿ˜Š

37. Sheila says:

Wow, what a wonderful blog. As a retired RN, thank you for sharing your personal journey and helping to educate others.

I also appreciate you took the time out of your busy schedule to visit the Cow Pasture and am thrilled you like what you saw and jumped the fence, welcome. I look forward to having more conversations with you.

Liked by 1 person

38. I loved reading your ABOUT story. I applaud you on becoming. You must be a truly RE/MARKABLE human being. I thank you for making the difference in the lives of others. Much Love, vx

39. marsnplato says:

I wanted to nominate you for this blog challenge thing. I love your blog, and thought you might like to try it out! โค

Liked by 1 person

40. The fact that you have had actual experience of the events you shared makes your blog so much more relatable and precious. I love to see one’s gradual climb throughout life. Whether you go up or down in life, it makes me happy to see someone pull through, taking control over emotions and depressing thoughts. You have clearly done so and it is good to have people like you sharing your testimony. Keep this up, you have plenty to say and you write it down well. Everyone to some degree has their own writing style, which is inspiring. So, thank you for sharing, and thank you for following my blog too ๐Ÿ™‚

41. DanicaPiche says:

Iโ€™ve nominated you for the Creative Blogger Award! Hereโ€™s the link: https://danicapiche.wordpress.com/2015/06/20/creative-blogger-award/
    Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚